Of course, all therapists and therapy sessions are different - depending especially on the unique experiences and wishes of the couple. But listed below are some of the main things you could expect if you choose to come to Kings Lynn Counselling for couple of marriage counselling.
Most people in relationships want to feel cherished and the chances are that something is wrong and that you are not feeling particularly valued if you want to come for therapy.
King's Lynn Couple Counselling could help you find different ways of doing things, and if appropriate, of restoring hope.
Depending on the issues that people raise, couple counselling typically (but not necessarily, and not always) involves some of the following:
- An evaluation of the present relationship using criteria developed by relationship experts.
- Learning how to communicate to defuse the landmines rather than bury them.
- Understanding what forgiveness is and isn't, and trying to work out if it is appropriate in the present situation and what might help it.
- Discovering how to express love in a way your partner really understands.
- Pinpointing precisely what needs to change and finding motivation to help this happen.
- Exploring what might help emotional and physical intimacy to repair and grow.
Will you have to talk about sex? There is no "have to" about anything. You only talk about what you want to and what you feel comfortable with.
Why not book a session?
What are your worries about couple counselling?